Archive | poem RSS for this section
Good morning world!
I embrace you with joy today
I look forward to this day
With smile and longing
Just being happy –
Watch me now!
Ever since I can remember, this Duhat tree was part and parcel of the landscape near our house. It has withstood several onslaught of typhoons, earthquakes and such natural calamities but it has remained sturdy throughout the years. And every time I see this one, home is just a few meters away. As always, I feel so much in awe of nature. It reminds me of the poem by Joyce Kilmer entitled TREES.
by: Joyce Kilmer (1886-1918)
- THINK that I shall never see
- A poem lovely as a tree.
- A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
- Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
- A tree that looks at God all day,
- And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
- A tree that may in Summer wear
- A nest of robins in her hair;
- Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
- Who intimately lives with rain.
- Poems are made by fools like me,
- But only God can make a tree.